Truist Financial Corporation, commonly known as Truist, is one of the largest banks in the United States. With its wide range of financial services and products, Truist has garnered a sizable customer base. However, there may come a time when you decide to close your Truist account. Whether you’re switching banks or no longer require their services, closing your account is a straightforward process. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to close your Truist account and answer some frequently asked questions.
Closing Your Truist Account:
1. Contact Customer Service: The first step in closing your Truist account is to get in touch with their customer service. You can reach out to them by phone or visit your nearest Truist branch. Inform them of your intention to close your account and they will guide you through the process.
2. Gather Necessary Information: Before closing your Truist account, make sure you have all the necessary information in hand. This includes your account number, social security number, and any other relevant personal details. Having this information readily available will help expedite the process.
3. Clear All Dues: Ensure that all outstanding dues, fees, and pending transactions are cleared before closing your account. This will help avoid any complications or issues during the closure process.
4. Transfer or Withdraw Funds: Before closing your Truist account, transfer or withdraw any remaining funds. You can opt for a direct transfer to another account or request a cashier’s check for the remaining balance. Truist may also provide the option to receive the funds electronically.
5. Submit Closure Request: Once you have completed the above steps, submit a closure request to Truist. This can be done in person at a branch or through their customer service hotline. They will guide you through any additional paperwork required and confirm the closure of your account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are there any fees associated with closing a Truist account?
A: Truist does not charge any fees for closing your account. However, ensure that all dues, fees, and pending transactions are cleared before initiating the closure process.
Q: Can I close my Truist account online?
A: No, Truist currently does not offer an online option to close your account. You will need to contact their customer service or visit a branch for assistance.
Q: How long does it take to close a Truist account?
A: The timeline for closing a Truist account may vary. Generally, it takes around 1-2 business days to process the closure request once all necessary paperwork and requirements are fulfilled.
Q: What happens to my credit card if I close my Truist account?
A: If you have a Truist credit card linked to your account, closing the account will not automatically close your credit card. You will need to contact Truist separately to close your credit card account.
Q: Can I reopen a closed Truist account?
A: Yes, you can reopen a closed Truist account. However, you may need to go through a separate application process and provide the necessary documents and identification.
Closing your Truist account is a straightforward process that requires contacting their customer service, gathering necessary information, clearing dues, transferring or withdrawing funds, and submitting a closure request. By following these steps, you can successfully close your Truist account and explore other banking options that better suit your needs.