How Do I Close My Stash Account
Stash is a popular investment platform that allows individuals to easily invest in stocks, ETFs, and other investment options. However, there may come a time when you decide to close your Stash account. Whether you have found a new investment platform or simply want to take a break from investing, closing your Stash account is a straightforward process. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to close your Stash account and answer some frequently asked questions about account closure.
Steps to Close Your Stash Account:
1. Consider Your Investments: Before closing your Stash account, it is important to review your investments and ensure that you are making an informed decision. Take some time to evaluate your portfolio and determine if closing your account is the best course of action for your financial goals.
2. Cash Out Your Investments: If you have any investments in your Stash account, you will need to sell them before closing your account. Stash provides a simple process for selling your investments. Navigate to the “Invest” tab in your Stash app, select the investment you wish to sell, and click on the “Sell” button. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sale.
3. Withdraw Remaining Funds: After selling your investments, you will need to withdraw any remaining funds from your Stash account. To do this, go to the “Banking” tab in your Stash app, select the account you want to withdraw from, and click on the “Withdraw” button. Follow the instructions to transfer the funds to your linked bank account.
4. Contact Stash Support: Once you have liquidated your investments and withdrawn your funds, it is time to officially close your Stash account. Contact Stash customer support through the app or their website to request the closure of your account. Provide them with any necessary information, such as your account details, to facilitate the process. Stash support will guide you through the final steps to close your account.
1. Can I reopen my Stash account after closing it?
Yes, you can reopen your Stash account at any time. Simply download the Stash app again and follow the prompts to reactivate your account. However, keep in mind that your investment history and portfolio will not be restored, and you will need to start fresh.
2. Are there any fees associated with closing my Stash account?
No, closing your Stash account does not incur any fees. However, if you have any investments with early redemption fees, you may be subject to those fees when selling your investments.
3. What happens to my personal information when I close my Stash account?
4. Can I transfer my investments to another brokerage instead of selling them?
Unfortunately, Stash does not currently support transferring investments to another brokerage. You will need to sell your investments and transfer the funds to your new brokerage account manually.
Closing your Stash account is a simple process that involves liquidating your investments, withdrawing your funds, and contacting Stash support. Remember to carefully consider your financial goals before closing your account. If you have any further questions or encounter any issues, reach out to Stash support for assistance.